If you are sending email updates to your customers and contacts, what are the advantages of being able to upload your own personalised email template as compared to using a standard template which might be made available by your service provider?
- Your own brand is reinforced in the eyes of your customer. Sometimes it just takes time to get a message across and after it has been seen more than once it begins to become familiar to the person receiving the email. With the consistent presentation their mindset changes they become more receptive to the message being presented.
- Because the message is presented in your branding, colours and design your corporate image is maintained and built up.
- Your brand and design is perfect every time. If you have to upload your logo and enter your contact address each time you send an email there is an opportunity for an error. If the spelling or even the layout, text or other format is different this can present in the email poorly and hinder the message you are trying to convey.
- It is easier to personalise the message. This is especially the case if you are sending email directly through your CRM as the recipients name and email address are already available and can be imported into the message.
- You can incorporate your social media links to encourage interaction and incorporate sharing tools. If your message is shared into social media sites you have a much wider reach than just the email list you are sending too. This can make your campaigns significantly more effective.
- Because all you will need to do is add some new content, possibly a new message and maybe a fresh image to relate to your massage this take much less time than if you have to upload all of your corporate details each time as well.
How much effort is involved in creating your own templates? While many of our customers engage a professional to create their own unique template is really is not as much work as you might think to create your own.
The email templates will be built using html code. Even if you know nothing about html coding it really doesn’t matter because there are many free html editors available online (here is a link to one of our favourites or just type html editor into your search engine). Using an html editor you can type in what you want to see and the code is prepared automatically. There is normally an option to click and switch between the end result and the code. It is a great way to get started learning html. A basic knowledge of html can be a very useful tool.
Some providers offer html builders as a part of their service if you have subscribed.
Most providers will provide you with tags (these are usually a simple line of code which you can copy and paste into your template) that can be included in templates. These will probably fall into two categories.
- Required tags. These will include tags such as an unsubscribe button and a button to view the email in a browser.
- Optional tags. These will include tags to personalise your email, such as adding the recipient’s first name.